Sunday, July 15, 2012

Banana Cream Pie Cookies


These are oh so banana-y. I adapted the White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake recipe from Bakergirl – her blog. I got the inspiration when I saw this muffin mix:



I had never seen banana muffin mix without walnuts.  I got to thinking – banana, cream cheese, white chocolate chips – sounds like banana cream pie!!

They make a very soft cookie. Be sure to keep the balls of dough small – about one inch – to keep the cookies from spreading out and becoming thin.



2 (7-ounce) boxes Jiffy banana muffin mix
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1 small ripe banana, mashed up 
1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips 


In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the cream cheese, butter, banana, and brown sugar, until just combined. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. 




Add the muffin mix and using a wooden spoon, mix until incorporated. Stir in the white chocolate chips and place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours. 




Preheat oven to 350°F. 

Lightly grease baking sheets (or do as I do and use baking parchment) and roll dough into one-inch balls Place 2-inches apart on baking sheet. 


Bake for 10-12 minutes, until just turning golden around the edges.


Cool five minutes on baking sheet before removing to wire racks to cool completely.



1 comment:

  1. I just tasted these cookies and I love the flavor! Keep up the great work! In the next batch I'd love to try them crunchy. There are three things you could try. First, try using a white/brown sugar mix. Brown sugar has a lot of moisture. The white sugar will make it crisp. Second, try egg yokes rather than whole eggs. The whites make the cookies "cake like". Finally, thin down the batter with some milk. I can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete