Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Herbed Pork Chops





This is a recipe I came up with on my own, just throwing this and that together until it tasted right. I used a cast-iron grill pan to sear these before baking them – what type of pan you use doesn't matter, but the searing seals in the juices, making sure these chops turn out moist. Marinating in balsamic vinegar, olive oil, herbs and salt makes them flavorful. Don't be afraid to play with the herbs – change them around, add less if you think they will overpower your taste buds or add more for a more robust flavor. This recipe calls for 4 chops, but the marinade would easily cover 6. If you need to cook more, just double the ingredients ;)


You need to let this marinate at least 2 hours to allow the flavors to meld, but no more than 24 hours. After 24 hours, it may ruin. I like to let them marinate at least 8 hours.

Herbed Pork Chops

¼ cup balsamic vinegar
 ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 ½ teaspoons dried thyme leaves
1 ½ teaspoons ground marjoram
1 teaspoon rubbed sage
1 teaspoon salt
4 boneless pork loin chops – about 1 inch thick

Mix the first 6 ingredients (I usually just mix it in my measuring cup) and brush generously on both sides of the chops. I also brush some on the bottom of the container I will be placing the meat in while it is marinating. Place in a covered container, and refrigerate at least 2 hours.

 Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with foil – I use the nonstick foil, but if you don't have that, spray your foil with cooking spray.

 Heat a skillet, grill pan or whatever pan you need to use over medium high heat. Sear chops on both sides for about two minutes.


Transfer to your foil-lined baking sheet.



 Bake for 20-25 minutes or until juices run clear. Enjoy!! (I served mine over rice.)

No comments:

Post a Comment